Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

I guess it's about time I share a "Sweet Talk" moment. I have always wanted to make cute cupcakes without the hassle of working with fondant. Since no one is ever too old for some Sesame Street, here is my very first Cookie Monster cupcake!  


This is really a typical cupcake. I was feeling something fruity today so I used a strawberry cake base in oppose to a typical white cake. I dyed some butter cream icing and sprinkled coloured coconuts shreds to give the fuzzy texture. Oh, and of course, how can I forget the chocolate chip cookie! I took a sharp knife to cut a mouth and inserted half of a cookie into the mouth. 


Here are some decorating tips I gathered from various Cookie Monster cupcake recipes I found online:


1)The mess free way to dye shredded coconut is definitely by shaking it up with food colouing in a bag.
2) The eyes were made with white candy melts and chocolate chips.  
3) To give the cupcake a bit of texture, I used the star tip.  


And after the sprinkling and assembling... here it is!


Give it a try. I will guarantee that you will bring someone a smile :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment